6 Benefits of Lawn Mowing Services
Did you know that there is a right and wrong way to mow your lawn? While lawn mowing may seem straightforward, there are certain ‘best practices’ to be mindful of. For example, if you mow the lawn too short and too frequently, you can leave the soil exposed to the hot summer heat. This makes it more susceptible to weeds, pests, and disease. And of course, if you keep the grass too long, it can get out of control, weaken under the weight, and become an untidy eye sore.
This, among other reasons, is why many Calgary homeowners choose to hire professional lawn mowing services. While it may be an additional expense, the payoff is worth it – you not only maintain a good-looking and healthy lawn, but you get your time back. Professional lawn mowing is especially beneficial for those with limited mobility and for elders who shouldn’t complete laborious chores for health and safety reasons.
The benefits of regular lawn mowing
Many lawn mowing services in Calgary will recommend weekly services – however, we aim to be flexible and meet our clients’ needs. Bi-weekly lawn mowing services are popular in the summer if your grass is growing slower and for households with a specific budget. Keeping up with a regular lawn mowing schedule:
- Promotes a healthy turf
- Helps keep disease, insects, and weeds at bay
- Maintains a well-groomed and aesthetically-pleasing yard
- Ensures the lawn has equal exposure to nutrients
- Helps grass grow stronger and more resilient
- Helps lawn recover faster from disease
The rule of thumb for lawn mowing is the ⅓ rule – only mow ⅓ of the growth and leave grass about 2.5-3” long. To avoid grass damage, never remove more than a third of its length in a single mowing.
Hiring professional lawn mowing services
When you hire professional lawn maintenance, you won’t need to worry about whether you’re mowing the lawn correctly. A professional mower will know the right length and frequency of mowing for each season and for the specific type of grass so it’s always looking its best.
Some of the benefits of professional bi-weekly lawn mowing include:
- Consistency – Maintaining a healthy and thriving lawn requires consistency. This can be a challenge if you have a busy household – especially more so in the summer with vacations and family outings. Hiring lawn professionals ensure that your yard is well taken care of on a consistent and regular basis.
- Knowledge – Not all grass grows the same and there many different species of grass in Calgary. Lawn professionals are familiar with different grass varieties and know what type of care, cut, and maintenance they need. Professionals also know how to avoid common mistakes, such as cutting the grass too short, too often, or when it’s wet.
- Time savings – You can enjoy a beautiful lawn without spending your valuable time mowing or worrying about the next time you need to cut the grass. If you don’t enjoy or have the time to upkeep your lawn, leave it to the professionals who do!
At Lawn Lovers, we offer bi-weekly lawn mowing services in Calgary. Our pricing is for lawns under 1500 square feet. If your lawn is larger, or if you’re not sure, contact us for a free quote.